This recipe makes either a tasty dessert or breakfast item. It is also the last entry to the Fourth of July Eatery Series for this Independence weekend. The recipe makes 6 pop tarts at approx. 232 calories/pop tart. Sans toppings, each pop tart is only 208 calories.
Before we begin–yes, I slightly cheated and used store-bought dough. Hey, I ran out of time. But feel free to make it truly authentic by making your own dough–you’ll need to prepare it at least a day in advance.
Alrighty, back to the recipe:
What You’ll Need:
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 layers)
- Some homemade strawberry jam (or store bought)
- 1 egg
- 3 oz blueberries
- 6 medium strawberries, sliced
- 6 tbps low fat whip cream
- 1 tbsp water
How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Unroll one of the pie crusts and square the edges. Cut into rectangles…
View original post 259 more words