It’s less than 7 days until the Nation’s birthday – start your week off with this patriotic breakfast!
Welcome to the first meal of the Fourth of July Eatery Series. Start this Independence day off right with some red, white and blue deliciousness! Alright, it’s not the most healthy meal in the world, but hey, it’s the holiday–calories don’t count, right? Right??? … No? Just me? Oh well. You’re entitled to a treat here and there, and this one is downright good eatin’!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (I use the 1/3 less fat variety), softened
- 1 tbsp brown organic sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (if you want it creamier, feel free to use whole dairy milk)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Some Pam canola spray
- 8 slices of some oaty/grainy type bread (I use whole grain Oatnut bread–adds a rich flavor)
View original post 295 more words