If you follow me on instagram, you’ve already figured out that I love a good salad. And this salad is no exception.
What You’ll Need:
The Salad –
- 4 medium beets, peeled (or if you’re feeling lazy, 1 8-oz. can sliced beets, no salt added).
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 12 ounce package spring greens mix
- 2 ounces goat cheese (my personal favorite brand is Ile de France)
The Dressing –
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
What To Do:
- Place beets into a medium saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool, then slice the beets into rounds. (If you decide on using the canned option, simply rinse the canned beets).
- While the beets are cooking, place the pecans in a skillet over medium-low heat. Once the nuts begin to toast, stir in the honey. Cook and stir until evenly coated, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool, separating the nuts before they cool. (Cooking tip: If you allow the nuts to cool clumped, you’ll have to reheat the honey mixture in order to break it apart.)
- In a large bowl, mix spring greens, candied pecans and beets. Top with chunks of goat cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and olive oil to make the dressing. Drizzle on top of salad and serve.
This recipe makes approximately 6 servings at 308 calories/serving (only 187 calories/serving sans dressing). Dig in!
Peace, Love, and Live Life Full,