“They love me, they really love me!” Aww, shucks!
Happy Monday, guys!
This day keeps getting better! Not only did I receive excellent news at work, I was voted for the “One Lovely Blog Award” (OLBA) by the lovely D’arcy of Crazy4Coconut and the lovely Maggi of CluelessCurl!
The purpose of this award is to show appreciation and give recognition to small or new bloggers/blogs and reach more viewers.
The rules for the OLBA are simple:
- Thank and link the person(s) who nominated you
- List rules and display the award.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 Bloggers & comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated. – ( I do not know 15 “small” or new blogs to nominate so I shall nominate 10).
My facts are:
- I’m a dual citizen. I would’ve been a triple citizen, but that’s typically frowned upon, so I had to choose one country to give up. I’m still a triple citizen in my heart though!
- I was born in Nigeria, spent my childhood mostly in the U.K. (but also lived in 13 other countries before the age of 10) before coming to the U.S.
- I was originally named with 10 middle names. After I got married, I legally changed my maiden name to my one and only middle name. I mean, really, who could keep up with all of that? lol
- People who know me call me “Happy Feet” because I start dancing as soon as I hear a beat–I love to dance! …. and I am a generally happy person 🙂
- I’m an introvert and I have a great time hanging out with myself 🙂
- I know how to sheer sheep and spin their wool on a spindle–you know, basic life skills. Don’t tell me I’m the only one who’s ever had a “Sleeping Beauty” moment!
- I have a love-hate relationship with water–well really, water has a love-hate relationship with me–it loves to nearly drown me, and I hate that. I know how to swim, but I’ve nearly died in or around water 5 times. Yes, you read that right–five times! (1. when learning to swim, the headmaster’s son of the boarding school I attended didn’t believe I couldn’t swim and threw me into the deep end. I nearly drowned (blacked out), but apparently my brother pulled me out and kicked his butt; 2. When sailing, got hit in the head with the mast and was knocked unconscious overboard into the water; 3. Got stuck in a shark cage and was running out of air; 4. At the beach, a strong wave in the Atlantic knocked me off my feet and I hit my head (writing this list, I realize it’s a miracle I can still use my brain at all! lol); and 5. Equipment failure while snorkeling in deeper water than most–it was Mexico…safety guidelines are more like suggestions ). I really should just stay out of water, but I love being around it. Oh well!