Here’s another salad for the Fourth of July Eatery Series. It’s hearty, it’s healthy, it’s flavorful (couldn’t think of another “h” word lol).
What You’ll need:
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved (or whole)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup white cooking wine
How to Make:
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, make a lemon vinaigrette by whisking together the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta with tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Add lemon vinaigrette mixture and lightly toss.
- Serve immediately or chilled. If preserving some lemon vinaigrette for other uses, seal in an airtight container and refrigerate. Good up to 1 week.
This concoction makes about 8 servings, and is approx. 305 calories/serving. It’s a colorful salute to America the Beautiful. Get ‘er done!