There’s a wee tropical storm a-brewing, so we’re taking this classic Fourth of July Eatery Series meal indoors. The manner of cooking is essentially the same regardless of whether you’re using an outside grill or your oven, so feel free to make this recipe on a grill if the weather where you permits. The cinnamon and sugar in this recipe really provides a sweet zing. Even better, each ear of corn is only 64 calories!
What You’ll Need:
- 4 or 5 ears of corn
- 2 tbsp butter (or olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar (optional)
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (or high heat if using outside grill).
- Remove husks and silks from corn.
- Lightly brush melted butter or olive oil over the corn and wrap each individual ear in foil.
- Place directly on rack and roast in oven for 30 minutes. If using preheated grill, turn occasionally until fully cook, about 10-15 minutes.
- Once corn is cooked through, remove foil, brush corn with butter or olive oil and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Of course there are a variety of ways to spice up grilled corn on the cob. I also enjoy a spicy mix of cayenne, cummin and chili powder as well as a savory mix of herbed butter with rosemary and basil. But my hubby has a sweet tooth, so we’re going the cinnamon and sugar route this year (and by “we,” I mean everyone but me. I, alas, am sans sugar…all spice! 😉 ).
Happy Independence Day, folks!